COMMUNITY: The BioDistrict will anchor a vibrant, mixed-use urban community containing the healthiest, smartest and most sustainable neighborhoods in the country, all while retaining what is and has always been unique to the culture of New Orleans. It is of utmost importance that the BioDistrict creates a managed environment to live, work and invest.
Innovative green urban design and “smart” infrastructure in the BioDistrict addresses the following issues:
- Stormwater Management
- Community Agriculture
- Parks and Greenways
- Landscape and Urban Forest
- Urban Heat Island Control
- Transportation Mode Shifts, Including Street Completion and Parking
- Building and Infrastructure Energy Use
- Eliminating Blight
- Green Building
- Waste Reduction
- Renewable Energy Generation
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction
- Community Services and Amenities
- Community Character, Health and Safety
Please learn more about specific discovery, alternatives, and recommendations in these areas and more in our Master Planning Reports.
The Building Block at North Carrollton
The BioDistrict has recently partnered with The Building Block at North Carrollton to include them in the boundaries of the BioDistrict. To learn more about the exciting partnership, please click here to read more.